Tuesday 11 March 2014

Test exhibition Feedback

Today, we received some feedback from Michael Day for the test exhibition and presentation. It was as follows:

"Reasonable account of the work. Nervous at first but made it through the start of the presentation and began to talk confidently one you got in to your flow. Trajectory of the development of the work was described but not analysed in great detail: the reasons for working on or with photos could be explaimed in more depth (photos as evidence, vs histories that are subjective and malleable). The working through of trauma wasn't mentioned, but thr relationship of the work to institutions was. Much potential in the new work, all arising from the confident staging of the work in the space. Consider the space as part of the work: scale up, , scale to match the bricks, light differently (torches, flashes, interittent light sources). Stage in constructed space  that's like a corridor but doesn't go anywhere. Consider focal points of the space. Choose specific strongest images to work with. Image + space = user experience."

I have highlighted what I think are the most important points from my feedback. I am really happy with the feedback I received as I felt that I did not do so good. This has made me feel definitely more confident with my work and how to take it further.

Again - lots of things to experiment with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment