Monday 10 March 2014

Developing work further after feedback crit

I have became more interested in the experience of the viewer since my feedback crit. It is something relatively new to me, so I will be taking out some books on installation art, as some comments I received were on about installation.

I quickly tested out some more work after the feedback crit. I went along with the idea of using objects on the floor of the dark room, however I only used a very small amount of bark on the floor - bit of a mistake, as I didn't really receive any comments on that part. When I test the work out further I will buy some gravel to lay out on the floor in the space - in attempt to reflect the textures on the photographs/images shown.

I also removed all source of light from the room, something which Michael suggested, and just had a gap in the curtain. I received comments that the photographs look even more "eerie". Also comments that you have to look even closer into the images to see what they are - as I used the images with altered contrasts and brightness, and you could not really tell what they were in the dark.

_________________________

I feel like I didn't do as well in the student-led crit group. I feel like I did not develop my work enough and feel quite let down by myself. When I get the opportunity to use the gallery space again, I will try out even more possibilities for further work. And there is a lot that I can try out in my own studio space whilst I am waiting. Hopefully I will be able to sign myself up for a tutorial soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment