Wednesday 19 February 2014

Thomas Bolton Copperworks - Froghall

As last semester, I was looking at the now abandoned Stallington hospital, I could not access the building in order to take my own photographs. Fortunately, I live just down the road from a disused copper works factory, which I can easily gain access into, to take my own photographs. Even though I had been focusing on a "mental hospital", I have decided to take photographs of other disused buildings in order to create my own psychological spaces, in attempt to make the viewer feel uncomfortable, as everyone has a place where they feel uncomfortable, and I am hoping to recreate this within my studio practice.

The photographs I have taken so far are more research-based, as I went at a time of day where there was not much daylight hours left, and I certainly didn't want to be in a disused factory in the dark. I am planning to go again during the day and spending longer there. I will also take out a camera from the University with different lenses in order to get a varied number of shots to see what I can do with them and how I can develop them into my studio practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment