Friday 4 April 2014

Tutorial w/ Jessica Longmore 20/03

  • Use workshops to learn how to size up images on illustrator - speak to technicians.
  • Think of space - fill the space - space part of work.
  • Interaction with work - create obstacles - negotiate ways of moving around the space.
  • I have stepped forward a lot with work, with how I am exploring space - photographically and physically - interesting development - a lot of scope for future work.
  • Pictures have potential.
  • Scale up images to size of the wall and explore scattered pictures together.
  • Sculptural quality of images - sense of space shown in images.
  • Un-trimmed edged - highlighting that it is a photograph - my own images - try trimming the edges to see if it makes a difference.
  • In test exhibition - the images sunk into the blackness of the room - not defined - seemed like they were appearing through the wall - the pile seems like a definite statement about photography.
  • If I trimmed the edges - images may merge into a sculptural mass.
  • Try ripping, and screwing into tighter balls.
  • Display the items less staged.
  • Try out 10 variations and record and document.
  • Set tasks - not knowing outcome - beneficial.
  • Illustrator sized up images - try out variations.
  • Experiment with raw materials (images) - make notes as I am going along.
  • "Free yourself up" - brings more ideas - make notes and reflect.
  • If I "hit a brick wall" then set experimental tasks to work on.
________________________________________
This tutorial really gave me confidence with my work and how it is developing. Also confidence in how I can develop my work further. Jessica has helped me a lot with how to develop my work - in terms of giving me a sort of new way of working. I tend to just sit there thinking when I get stuck, and it is something that I need to get out of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment